Friday, May 6, 2011

Cucumbers

For as long as I can remember I have LOVED cucumbers. The crunch of a fresh cucumber is amazing but unlike carrots they are easy to bite in to and the way they are juicy but not in a runny, get everywhere, tomato sort of way is something I love. Its just so convenient. So when my dad went out to buy gardening stuff, he picked up cucumbers because he thought I'd love them. And boy was he right. I really cant wait to grow them up big and strong and then make my own pickles, all the way from scratch since I grow everything needed.



Can you see them? They are those little green weed looking things. It hard to imagine those ever growing into something really delicious and big like a cucumber but I know it'll happen. I really can't wait until they full grown. Promise to post more pics as things change, but I wouldn't hold your breath. They did sprout up the first time I put them in dirt so I'm hoping it'll keep going. I really can't wait till I get to feast in the fruits of my labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment